Rico Mariani (Chief Architect of Visual Studio – previously performance architect for .net), Vance Morrison (Performance architect for .net) and Mark Friedman (Architect Lead for the Developer Division of Performance Engineering) had a full day talk at the PDC about performance.
Unfortunately recordings are probably not going to be available since this was done at the pre-conference, but Vance posted all the slides they used on his blog.
Edit 2021: Since their blogs are no longer available, I have uploaded the presentation as one complete slide deck here
The presentation was split into the following parts
- Performance by Design Intro – Rico Mariani
- Performance by Design CPU – Vance Morrison
- Performance by Design Memory – Vance Morrison
- Performance by Design Parallel – Vance Morrison
- Performance by Design ASP.NET – Mark Friedman
Well worth a look, Tess